Aug 29

 Slightly better physically today - which may or may not be something to do with the fact I took 2 aspirin at bed time, but mentally it has been a disaster.

Today my mental health has been atrocious. Anxiety. Sadness. Mood swings. Anxiety so bad I didn't want to leave the house. But I did. I threw out the old food bins I had used for the dogs - plastic bins that I kept their dried food in to keep it fresh. With my mental health being all over the show, just throwing those out was appalling. It hurt. A lot. Just another one of those reminders that it's over.

I picked up my meds today. Tried to be normal. It's hilarious. I sit there in the pharmacy doing my best to mask. All the while the creeping horror and disassociation kicks in hard. The real world is dreamlike. It doesn't feel real. I am floating around. Nothing matters. It doesn't matter what the time is or day is. It all blends into one bit of suffering. It is surreal. And awful. I can mask so well. I can have a conversation with the pharmacist. I seem so normal. I am so not normal. It's like a puppet routine. Here is where you say this. Now do that. Well done.

Back home. Tired. I couldn't face doing a few more out and about trends. I did not have the mental strength to do it. I just wanted to go home.

There is definitely a bit of panic forming everything I do at the moment. I am drowning. It is hard not to panic when you are drowning.

To top it off I had a horrible dream about Athena. About her getting ill in a way she never was. Like insult to injury.

I need to pick Hazel up on Sunday so I can commence the whole looking after her for a month.

In hindsight this was a terrible mistake. I should never have agreed to it.

I am somewhat annoyed that Hazel is flitting off to the US despite me increasingly communicating to her that I am not doing good and is just ignoring that - in the way that she does - so she can dump responsibility and go to the US. 

I will get through it. But I am not doing this again. Unless I get much better. She will have to figure that out herself in future ( formerly it has either been her dad or me that looks after Poppy ). 

Tomorrow I have arranged to go visit a friend and play a game. This is not me feeling better. This is me stubbornly trying to do something that I am not cut out for at the moment. Trying to fight.

We shall see how it turns out. I suspect, if nothing else, it will give me a few hours practice in masking. I may even chill a little.

I am suffering hardcore at the moment. It is grim. I don't see it getting better. My health has been slowly going backwards. My mental health today seems to have decided to join in.

Waiting for the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feb 29

May 9

Mar 10